As part of the normal operation of our services we collect and, in some cases, may disclose information about you. Please read this policy carefully to enable you to make an informed decision, and retain a copy for your records if you open an account.
Types of Information Collected
Establishing an Account
During registration you are required to provide us with certain contact information (including your name, e-mail address, home address and telephone number) and other personal information (including your date of birth, gender and credit or debit card details). You are also asked to create your own security question and answer to provide additional security for your account. This required information is necessary to process transactions, issue a new password if you forget or lose your password, protect you against credit card fraud and other financial fraud and to contact you should the need arise in administering your account. This required information is used to send you information relating to our services or promotional offers.
Each time you purchase a subscription service, program or any other financial transaction, the details of such wagers and transactions are collected and retained by Racing Day.
Web Log Information
In common with most standard web site servers, Racing Day uses log files. These include IP addresses, the Internet service provider ("ISP") you use, the type of browser you use, referring exit pages, platform type, number of clicks and/or date/time stamp.
In common with most web sites, Racing Day uses "session cookies" which are sent to your computer if and when you log on to the Site by entering your user name and password. A "cookie" is a small piece of data that we send to your computer to allow us to recognize you as a Racing Day user when you return to the Site using the same computer and browser.
We intend to retain any correspondence, including facsimiles, mail and e-mails, sent to us. We also may retain correspondence, such as customer service, from Racing Day to you. We may delete such records over time.
Use of Information
The information collected is used to:
- Process your transactions, including, without limitation, payments for purchases or subscriptions;
- Provide customer services and resolve any complaints;
- Improve the Site and service and resolve any technical problems;
- Communicate with you concerning the services offered on the Site by Racing Day or any of its affiliates or business partners;
- Create aggregate data;
- Comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
Racing Day discloses information:
- To companies that help process the transactions you request, in order to protect your transactions from fraud and verify your identity (see the subsection labeled "Third Party Use" above for further detail);
- When required by law or to comply with a court order, subpoena, search warrant or other legal process;
- To comply with legal, regulatory or administrative requirements of governmental authorities.
- To protect and defend Racing Day, its subsidiaries and affiliates and any of their officers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents, contractors and partners, in connection with any legal action, claim or dispute;
- To prevent imminent physical harm;
- To share aggregated statistical or demographic data with our affiliates, business partners or for public relations (this aggregated information is not tied to personally identifiable information);
- To share data, including personally identifiable information about you, with our parent (Day At The Track), affiliates, subsidiaries and business partners that are committed to serving your online needs and related services;
- In the event that Racing Day in the future merges or is acquired by another company.
Racing Day does not disclose any credit card or other financial information to any third party other than the merchant service provider used to process payments. Only when required by law or to comply with a court order, subpoena, search warrant or other legal process will Racing Day disclose requested information to any other third party.
We may communicate with our customers on a regular basis via e-mail and/or mail to provide requested services, resolve any complaints and for general customer service and by other means where applicable, such as to investigate any suspicious transactions. You may receive occasional service announcements and administrative messages, for example, advance notice of any maintenance that might affect the Site. Generally, you cannot opt out of these types of "informational" rather than "promotional" communications.
We store information that we collect through cookies, log files and graphic files to create a profile of our customers. We may also purchase third party marketing data and add it to our existing customer database so we can better provide pertinent offers in which you would be interested. We use this information to enhance or overlay your profile. This aggregate marketing data is therefore tied to your personally identifiable information. A "profile" is stored information that we keep on individual customers that details their preferences. Consequently, all of the collected information is tied to your personally identifiable information to provide better offers and improve the content of the Site for you. Your profile may be shared with our affiliates and business partners.
Limits of Security Measures
You agree that you do not expect, that your personally identifiable information or private communications will always remain private.
The security of your Racing Day account also relies upon your protection of your Racing Day unique username, password and/or PIN or other appropriate security code ("Ids"). You agree to never share your Identifiers with anyone. In the event that you are concerned that your Ids are no longer secure and confidential, you should immediately notify Racing Day by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the security at our web site, please send an email to email@example.com.
Accessing, Review, and Changing Personal Information
Following registration, you can review the personal information you provided to us, at any time, by selecting Edit My Account within your account information page. You hereby agree to keep your account information up to date at all times.
Termination of Your Account
You can terminate your account by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your account will be deactivated as soon as is reasonably possible and in accordance with applicable law and regulations.